In this course, you’ll learn how home environments can take on a perceptible feeling that will cause a majority of buyers to turn away. We’ll teach you how to make a client’s home attract more buyers through easy modifications to details like paint color, furniture, shelving, and artwork; all of which can affect the sale of a home, and the comfort of the new owners.
These environmental factors have been understood for centuries in the Asian practice of Feng Shui. The premise is that everything in and around a dwelling or workplace has “energy,” or the ability to generate a feeling in people, either positive or negative. You will learn how to manipulate these energies to achieve a space that attracts interest and comfort.
3 Elective Hours of Continuing Education
This course will help you understand time-proven Feng Shui principles to solve challenges of living spaces in homes and other buildings.
Introduction: Understanding the Principles
• History of Feng Shui and how it developed
• Consideration of predecessor influence in living spaces
• Getting clear on a buyer’s or seller’s desired outcome
• Understanding how a space can impact the direction and quality of life
Basic Tool to Help Assess the Qualities of a Space
• The bagua, where it came from, and how to orient it to living spaces
• Measurements needed to determine its placement
• How to deal with areas beyond the boundaries
• What about missing spaces?
• How specific areas affect your life
• Other applications of the bagua
The Front Door: More than Just Curb Appeal
• Determination and use of the front entry
• Features of an advantageous front door experience
• What does a good door look like?
Blending Feng Shui and Real Estate
• Using the principles of Feng Shui to sell a property
• Matching a potential buyer with the right home
• What to do to facilitate an easier sale
• How to make the move-in problem-free